Give the gift of hope
When you give to the Rescue Mission, you are providing a meal for a hungry child, health care for someone who has no options, one more day of supported sobriety for the addict, job training for the previously unemployable, food for a family on the verge of homelessness, tutoring for the woman getting her GED, and so much more. When you give to the Rescue Mission, you give hope to the hopeless.
Recommend a Grant from Your Donor-Advised Fund
Direct your DAF-sponsoring organization to issue a grant to the Rescue Mission. You will not receive a tax receipt from the Mission as one will have already been issued to you from the DAF Sponsor. However, please ask the Sponsor to include your name and contact information so we can acknowledge your gift. Many DAFs will even allow you to establish recurring grants to be sent monthly, quarterly, or annually.
Rescue Mission Foundation
Honor or memorialize a special loved one with the purchase of a wood Legacy Block on the Honor Thy Father wall in Fralin Chapel or the Honor Thy Mother wall in the Women and Children’s Center. The block is inscribed with the name of your loved one and helps the Foundation endow the future of the Rescue Mission.
There are several ways to plan today for the Rescue Mission’s future. Gifts may include bequests, charitable gift annuities, appreciated assets such as real estate or stock, trusts, or cash. With a Planned Gift to the Rescue Mission Foundation, you can make a bigger difference than you ever thought possible.
For a more information on Legacy Blocks or detailed Planned Giving options through the Rescue Mission Foundation, click here.
IRA Charitable Rollover
As a result of legislation Congress enacted in 2015, individuals age 70½ or older can make gifts directly from their IRA to charity.
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to the Rescue Mission
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions
- Make a gift that is not subject to the 50% deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help the Rescue Mission help people in crisis
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to Roanoke Rescue Mission.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the Mission to help continue our important work.
- Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
If you have questions about an IRA Charitable Rollover gift, please contact Controller Steve Gross at email@example.com or (540) 777-7658.
There are so many other ways you can give to the Rescue Mission of Roanoke…