The Fralin Free Clinic serves individuals currently experiencing homelessness and those transitioning into permanent housing in the Roanoke Valley.
INTAKE FOR MEN AND WOMEN
Intakes of new guests continue at the Rescue Mission of Roanoke during the Coronavirus crisis. Intakes during this time require a health screening at the Fralin Free Clinic, the Mission’s onsite Free Clinic for the Homeless. In addition, new guests need to be prepared to be in Emergency Shelter in a designated area with restricted movement.
Guests should contact Rescue Mission staff noted below to be cleared for the intake process prior to arrival.
- For those coming out of incarceration or currently under the supervision of a Probation Officer, please contact Pam Milkowski, Director of Healthcare Services, at 540-777-7671 or email@example.com.
- For those coming from hospitalization or other medical facilities, please contact Pam Milkowski, Director of Healthcare Services, at 540-777-7671 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For all other new intakes, please contact the shelter for specific instructions for what is needed at this particular time at 540-343-7227.
The Clinic is now accepting new patients!
Call 540-777-7671 to schedule an appointment today. The clinic is located at 321 Tazewell Ave, SE.
We serve individuals currently experiencing homelessness and those transitioning into permanent housing in the Roanoke Valley.
The G. Wayne Fralin Free Clinic for the Homeless, a ministry of the Roanoke Rescue Mission, operates under a volunteer Medical Director and numerous other volunteer healthcare providers. The staff and volunteers provide the care and services an individual needs to improve their quality of life.
Our providers focus on a holistic approach for each person that walks through the door.
Clinic Services include:
- Primary and Preventative Care
- Behavioral Health Services
- Medication Assistance
- Dental Care
- Vision Care
- Education (Classes include Diabetic Education, Smoking Cessation, The Addicted Brain, Oral Health, and Healthy Living)
- Medicaid Enrollment
The Fralin Free Clinic is an active member of the Virginia Association of Free and Charitable Clinics and the National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics. Additionally, we are proud to partner with the Virginia Health Care Foundation, a private-public partnership dedicated to increasing access to care for uninsured Virginians and those in underserved areas.
Medical, dental, and optometrist volunteers are needed. Contact email@example.com or call 540.777.7671.
BLESS MY SOLE
This unique ministry takes place every third Thursday of the month as a means of sharing Christ’s love with people who are homeless and hurting. Volunteers wash participants’ feet, talk, and pray with them. Volunteer medical providers examine foot wounds, trim nails, and administer treatment as needed. It is a moving experience for volunteers and patients alike.
Bless My Sole is held the third Thursday of each month.
Volunteers are needed!
- Greeters/Runners – assist with greeting guests and maintain the materials and supplies
- Washers – Pray for guest, bathe feet, and apply lotion and socks
- Trimmers – Health professionals or licensed cosmetologists to assess disease and wounds and administer treatment as needed
Click here if you are interested in volunteering for Bless My Sole.